• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CST Law - Letter Before Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CST Law - Letter Before Claim

On 23rd October I received a LBC from CST Law, dated 13th Oct, stating I have 30 days to pay £185. They have been instructed by DRP as agent of Smart Parking. Given the Covid situation is this likely to get to court any time soon, and should I pay?
    Tags: None

It will go to court. DRP can't instruct solicitors, they don't own the debt. Who are they asking you to make a payment to? It wouldn't be DRP would it?

Post up the letter from CST, suitably redacted.

So post up a redacted copy of the Notice to Keeper that was received, but leave dates. Smart frequently get it wrong and so can't take action against the keeper.

Comment

I can't find the original notice. All the payment options identified in the letter are to be made payable to DRP and not Smart Parking. I have received several letters from varying sources, each adding admin charges; but as yet I have not responded to anyone. The general online consensus seems to be to ignore them. I have only just discovered this forum.

Comment

Looks like a valid LBC but I suspect DRP have borrowed a letter heading again. Needs responding to just in case

so respond to them denying any liability for alleged debt and demand copies of any documents that they intend to use in court in order to narrow the issues between you, as expected by the courts. As they are threatening to start a claim they must have the relevant documents to hand so you expect the documents by return or in any case within 7 days.

SAR to Smart

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X