• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Im so scared i dont something horribel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im so scared i dont something horribel

Today at lidl i picked something uo values at £24 pound, no idea why i didnt pay for it even though i already bought so many other things.
    i suffer ptsd and dont know how the thought just popped in my mind and i did it.
    i walked out of the store with it and no one stopped me.

i hAve never done this before and the shop is quote far i wouldnt be able to go back and now i an so scared i will be arrested. Maybe they got my pic from cctv maybe they recognise me.
    point is i feel like a shame excuse for a human being and i dont know what will the outcome be.
    anyone been in a similar situation ?!
    can i ve arrested, have a criminal record or worse go to jail.
    please help
    Tags: None

As you have left the shop and no one stopped you to search you, then the shop has missed its opportunity to pursue you. The police very, very rarely get involved with shoplifting, so if the store contacted them seeking help identifying you from CCTV, they would not get assistance from the police.
    In essence, you got away with it. BUT just on the off chance they did connect these stolen items with your image on CCTV (very unlikely but worth considering) they may ask their security staff to keep an eye out for you in future.
    No you won't be arrested, no you wont be going to jail. Sadly retail theft is a fact of life for many shops and they absorb these costs by passing on higher prices to consumers.
    It sounds like you are beating yourself up about this; which is a good sign that you have awareness of your actions and consequences. In regard to your PTSD, please contact your GP and explain this incident (without being too specific and make him/her aware that your condition has escalated to a point where you are engaging in very undesirable conduct and need help. With PTSD, you cannot guarantee you wont have a brain 'fog' again and repeat this behaviour so you need professional support to prevent causing more harm to your fragile state. Best of luck.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank tou so much, i am shaking for from fear, what if they pot my poster up for everyone to see as i wont go to the shop, can i make it up for them some other way ?! Maybe post a check to them ?!
      in all honestly i did not have the intention neither i needed that item, for a nano second the thought made me feel like i will get some sort pf adrenaline that will make me feel anything other than a zombie.
      im bery grateful for your response.

Comment

I would recommend you move on and forget about the incident at Lidl, aside from seeking the medical help you need. Any photos would be visible only to security guards and in my experience is only used with detained shoplifters who've then been banned from the store. A donation to a Food Bank or homeless shelter would probably be a better bet if you want to put things 'morally' right.
        Technically, you could return to the store and just say, I noticed when I checked my receipt that I was not charged for this item, but I'm not sure your anxiety levels would cope with that.
        Please stop worrying about arrest or imprisonment, if you read a few threads on here, you'll find this happens quite a lot to people, often when they are going through a crisis or illness. In 13 years of running this site, I have never seen a case like this result in police action.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I can't improve on Celestine's advice and just agree with all she's said. Particularly get help. Do make a charitable donations then you have not benefited from your mistake.
          God does not condemn don't condemn yourself.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X