• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can finance company exercise voluntary termination if I had vehicle only for 8 days ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can finance company exercise voluntary termination if I had vehicle only for 8 days ?

Hi,so I took van on finance from Moneybarn,with Zuto and after 8 days I had vehicle, changed my mind, and wanted to return van back .Contacted Zuto,and they said :you have to pay your contract ,threre is no way out,then I cheked google ,and faund solution,that 'voluntary termination'.I writed email for Moneybarn,that I would like to make voluntary termination,because I don't need vehicle anymore.So they arranged van collection with BCA and solded van on auction.Now they asking me to pay directly to they bank account half contract balance of £8781.60 .When I collected van from dealer,I payed £400 deposit ,done with vehicle aroun 400 miles,van price at seller was £11995.Total contract was for 4 years, £450 monthly and tolal contract amount was £17963.20.I don't think I am paying nearly £9000 for nothing.
    Do I have any legal rights in like that situation ?
    Thank you .

No, you asked them to voluntary terminate and you are liable for 1/2 the contract price.

Is the van purchased as a business? Was this an online purchase

Comment

Van purchase as a private person via Zuto over the phone calls

Comment

Are they going to send to my house bailiff to collect all goods ?, what's going to happen ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X