• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Next of Kin stopping me determining why my brother died

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next of Kin stopping me determining why my brother died

I hope you can offer me some advice.

My twin problem died in hospital recently (not COVID), and I was not allowed to see him before he died - Only Next of Kin and one other.

I would like to know why my brother died, what happened on the day etc.

The next of kin is not talking , and will not cooperate with PALS (Patient Relations) to give them authority to talk to me.

If the Next Of Kin continues to block me, what can I do ?

Regards,

A T
    Tags: None

Sorry to hear of your sad loss. Losing a twin I expect would be particularly hard to cope with.

Would like to help but I'm confused. My understanding is that you would be next of kin. Twin must be pretty close.
    Consider using hospital complaints procedure for answers.

Do take care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Scot22 View Post
      Sorry to hear of your sad loss. Losing a twin I expect would be particularly hard to cope with.

Would like to help but I'm confused. My understanding is that you would be next of kin. Twin must be pretty close.
      Consider using hospital complaints procedure for answers.

Do take care of yourself.
      Hi Scott22,

His wife is the nominated Next of Kin. We have contacted the PALS , which is a complaints/compliments service, but they seem to need the NofK authority to progress.

A T

Comment

Apologies for just assuming. I have searched some sites, e.g NHS. Unfortunately, I can't see a way to find out more. Unless you have grounds to suspect there was anything wrong in his care then I think it is futile.
        So sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Scot22 View Post
          Apologies for just assuming. I have searched some sites, e.g NHS. Unfortunately, I can't see a way to find out more. Unless you have grounds to suspect there was anything wrong in his care then I think it is futile.
          So sorry.
          OK, not the answer I really wanted to hear, but thanks for checking and replying.

A T

Comment

Try here as a start:-

Order an official birth, marriage or death certificate from the General Register Office (GRO) if you need a copy or want to research your family tree.

Comment

Excellent idea, it presents a starting point.
              AT I appreciate your courtesy. Too often on forums people post and then disappear. I'm sure everyone hopes you are successful. Ideally communication will come from his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post
                Try here as a start:-
                Hi PaulaJayne, I have a copy of the death certificate and it does have a 'Cause of Death'. But I would like to understand why my brother died, I would like to talk to someone about his stay in hospital and why 'no flags' were raised about his health before that.

I've been told that the Next of Kin has to agree to this, and at the moment they are 'considering him dead and moving on'.

A T

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X