• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacob's Bailiff threats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob's Bailiff threats

Hi please excuse the long text after any advice please
    on Friday 4TH September at approximately 7.30pm a bailiff turns up at my house and immediately attempts to violently force his way through a latched (half locked) front door.
    I proceeded to speak to this person through the upstairs window, I attempted to ask why he was trying to enter my home uninvited while asking who he was, he refused to answer any questions or introduce himself, no Identifacation was shown (only Identifacation i saw was a lanyard with Jacob's around his neck) the man in question continued to consistently shout (loudly) a man's name at me and asking me if I was "deaf" I told him as he could hear the dogs barking should he have managed to force his way in not knowing if I was in or not the dogs could of potentially attacked him, and i would not of been responsible, I also attempted to inform him there are vulnerable people living here to which he replied to both statements "I dont care".
    No questions were asked by him regarding covid 19, or if anyone had symptoms or is isolating.

My son is showing symptoms and the house is isolating to prevent the possible spread of the virus.

This bailif has been caught on outside camera violently attempting to enter the property with no PPE gloves or mask and zero consideration for the safety of himself or any occupants in the property , this is a pre meditated disregard for anyones health and safety, potentially spreading the virus due to incompetence and disrespect for general safety of others.
    I sent him a similar message as above, he called my wife back about half hr later it was for a parking ticket in August last year I thought I had paid, he apologized and asked to set up a payment plan with my wife.

no idea how he got her number?

I have complained to Jacobs over a week ago yet nk response also the bailiff association.

Any advice appreciated.

He was also not allowed to attempt to potentially break in to the property as he was not high court.

I am vulnerable with PTSD due to seriours mental military health issues and I need help with daily tasks.
    No Notification was given of the visit whatsoever and the camera was showing zero previous visits.
    Tags: None

Enforcement by Bailiffs commenced again on 24 August and a letter may have been sent up to 6 months previously.

I don't defend Bailiffs at all but from what you have written he has done little wrong. If your door was unlocked then he is entitled to open it to enter. As for your vulnerability issues you are not the defendant so unfortunately do not apply and in any case if they were not aware previously they would not know. If this is for an unpaid PCN then a lot of letters will have been sent advising the ticket is outstanding. If you have not received anything then that is an indication the address they have is incorrect and you need to check with the Council where they were initially sent. You also need to check the vehicle registration document as all tickets are sent to the address the DVLA hold at the time the "offence" was committed. If this has been the case then you may be able to make an Out of Time application to the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X