• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stole from work, quit job, now called in to see police what to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stole from work, quit job, now called in to see police what to do?

So I'm not proud of it...but I stole some items from work...total value less than £110 I would say...
    I had an interview in the store and they called police to take me to the station..the police said they wouldn't and would call me back.
    I then waited for my suspension letter and resigned...I also have a suspicion they are pinning some extra stuff on me that I didnt take but can't dispute without looking at evidence they gave police.
    Police have asked to see me the weekend.
    Any advice for me..
    I am a first time offender, over the age of 18, and terrified of a criminal record and jail time.
    Tags: None

This will be what we call a 'voluntary interview under caution'.
    You are not obliged to attend as it's voluntary, but if you don't go (and depending on the circumstances) you *may* be arrested so the police can interview you for the alleged offence.
    If you decide to go voluntarily, there will be a bit of admin and paperwork to do when you arrive at the station including being offered free and independent legal advice - I strongly recommend that you take them up on this offer.
    I can't say what the outcome will be but you won't be going to prison for this.

Comment

Strongly agree with Aged William that you should only attend this meeting with a solicitor, either your own or the free duty solicitor.

Ignore any blandishments that "it won't take long", "just want to hear your side of the incident" etc and "is it really necessary"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X