• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Private Land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Private Land

Parking Fine from private land

Today, 07:32:AM

Hi I went to look at a Boat in a boat yard and didn't noticed that it had parking restrictions until I had a ticket sent to me, so I went back to the yard to see the shop that sells the boats the yard had no parking payment machine or anywhere to enter you reg number outside the shop, it had a machine to enter your reg number inside the shop but at the time of the ticket the shop was shut so I had no way of paying or entering my reg number to avoid a ticket. The shop manager told me he would get the ticket cancelled so I went away and thought nothing of it , a few weeks later I got another ticket that had increased so I went back to the shop and was told that the ticket was cancelled and it was just a computer generated one so not to worry. Now after a few months I have a claim form from county court business center for £265.00 I have checked the company is legit and is endorsed on .GOV website so I assume I have to reply. I am convinced I have a legit right not to pay the fine it due to the only way to avoid a penalty was to enter your reg number into the machine but the only machine was in a shut shop. Also If I contest the ticket to the county court business center who arbitrates the ticket ?
    kind regards Steve

Tags: None

You have a claim form from Northampton and you must follow the instructions of the court. The business entre are just a clearing centre, the claim eventually transfers to your local court.

Acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form. But noting in the defence. If you acknowledge after 5 days then you have 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

Go into the business again and ask why they haven't had the ticket cancelled as they had promised. If they did request a cancel get that in an email.

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver......." etc.

Post up a redacted version of the PCN you received, but leave dates. Suggest you use a hosting site such as imgur and link to here.

You will be going for frustration of contract as you could not complete your part of the contract because of their actions beyond your control

Comment

4lljjn
      Last edited by gewag; 7th September 2020, 09:15:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        You have a claim form from Northampton and you must follow the instructions of the court. The business entre are just a clearing centre, the claim eventually transfers to your local court.

Acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form. But noting in the defence. If you acknowledge after 5 days then you have 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

Go into the business again and ask why they haven't had the ticket cancelled as they had promised. If they did request a cancel get that in an email.

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver......." etc.

Post up a redacted version of the PCN you received, but leave dates. Suggest you use a hosting site such as imgur and link to here.

You will be going for frustration of contract as you could not complete your part of the contract because of their actions beyond your control
        Thank you the ticket was issued by ANPR camera as no one was in the yard it was closed but you can drive in to look at the boats for sale, I phoned the yard Friday up and the guy checked the system and my ticket was not cancelled for some reason I think I have a solid case as it is impossible to register my vehicle if the shop where the machine is was shut should I appeal on web or just acknowledge and appeal later. But who makes the decision ? does a magistrate look at the appeal ? or the company itself in which case they will reject it .

Comment

YOU ARE IN THE COURT SYSTEM !! what are you appealing and to whom? The next step is a defence to the court. The decision is made by the court with you and the other side present and you argue your case. It is NOT a magistrate, it is a county court judge eventually deciding .

Present yourself in person at the boat yard complaining that you now have a county court action because of the action of their agents when all you wanted to do was look at boats. If you can get them to send an email to cancel there and then and put you on copy.

Comment

YOU ARE IN THE COURT SYSTEM !! what are you appealing and to whom? The next step is a defence to the court. The decision is made by the court with you and the other side present and you argue your case. It is NOT a magistrate, it is a county court judge eventually deciding .

Present yourself in person at the boat yard complaining that you now have a county court action because of the action of their agents when all you wanted to do was look at boats. If you can get them to send an email to cancel there and then and put you on copy.
            Is this OK for defense thanks in advance

The Driver Drove past ******* Marina on the main road outside of boat
            y
            that
            Last edited by gewag; 7th September 2020, 17:00:PM.

Comment

That's a witness statement. A defence is why you are not liable and the reasons. You are the defendant, no point in saying driver.

Where is the frustration of contract?

Comment

That's a witness statement. A defence is why you are not liable and the reasons. You are the defendant, no point in saying driver.

Where is the frustration of contract?
                I'm confused I though you said use driver? so If I take out driver and use I is this acceptable to use as a defense statement on the website ?

Comment

I was talking about your first post where you intimating who the driver actually was ! You are now dealing with the court, you are the defendant. You use defendant.

Really need to see the redacted PCN, and a photo of the signs would help

Search around this forum and pepipoo and you will find samples of defences.

Comment

I was talking about your first post where you intimating who the driver actually was ! You are now dealing with the court, you are the defendant. You use defendant.

https://imgur.com/a/eyGiHCE

Comment

Hi I have posted a link to Imgur Many thanks

Comment

You've posted up that "Defence" of yours and not the PCN. You still haven't edited your first post. Just realised you were a guest and can't edit. Contact the admins and they may help

Comment

ostell scroll down for pics!

Comment

You've posted up that "Defence" of yours and not the PCN. You still haven't edited your first post. Just realised you were a guest and can't edit. Contact the admins and they may help
                            Hi I have put PCN on Imgur and pictures, also thank you very much for your Help sofar
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                              ostell scroll down for pics!
                              what does this mean ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X