• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private Parking Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Parking Charge

Hi there i'm in receipt of a parking charge at holy trinity church Newquay . we arrived there on our holiday at 6am having driven through the night and just wanted somewhere to rest before things opened up and while we made plans on what to do next and also for the kids to stretch the legs. Didnt realise it was a paid private car park my mistake. we didnt pay. didnt leave the car . i have photos to prove we stayed around the car the whole time then left after 30 min. i'm not sure ive got much chance of appealing but just thought i'd put it out there for opinions. maybe put this down to a life lesson. many thanks for replies .
    Tags: None

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver ......" etc

post up a redacted copy of the Notice to Keeper received, but leave dates. Use a hosting site such as imgur and post a link on here.

It matters not one jot that the driver did not get out of the car. The driver couldn't honestly say they didn't see the signs or the payment machines

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/108ABx2

Comment

as requested

Comment

As it's PE the reverse as well, please

And edit the first post!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Hi there i'm in receipt of a parking charge at holy trinity church Newquay . we arrived there on our holiday at 6am having driven through the night and just wanted somewhere to rest before things opened up and while we made plans on what to do next and also for the kids to stretch the legs. Didnt realise it was a paid private car park my mistake. we didnt pay. didnt leave the car . i have photos to prove we stayed around the car the whole time then left after 30 min. i'm not sure ive got much chance of appealing but just thought i'd put it out there for opinions. maybe put this down to a life lesson. many thanks for replies .
            as requested

cant edit the original post as i registered after i had wrote it so ill start from here .

Comment

You've repeated the mistakes by quoting. Ask the mods to modify The idea is not to tell the world who may have been driving.
              PE normally get it right, however:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give the invitation to keeper in the format prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

It may help but see what happens

Comment

that is very much appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X