• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Appearance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appearance

Hi Can anyone tell me how to word an appearance in response to a caveat warning appropriately. My sister is writing reams which there isn't room for on the form does that matter. I've heard people get their appearance rejected if not worded correctly
    Tags: None

The form should be completed BRIEFLY stating the reasons for believing that the Will is not valid,or why the specific person is incapable of dealing with the estate fairly, and sent to the District Probate Registry.
    As you have only 8 days from receiving the warning It is advisable to send it by special delivery, to ensure it is received in time.

Do be aware an appearance may give rise to liability for legal costs,

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I was informed by the Probate Officer at Leeds Probate Registry last week that we have 14 days from receipt of the warning to post the appearance.

Comment

hi, are there any other posts that deal with this topic please, need as much information, in a very short space of time, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Jules55 View Post
          Thank you for your reply. I was informed by the Probate Officer at Leeds Probate Registry last week that we have 14 days from receipt of the warning to post the appearance.
          Oops..teach me not to rely on faulty memory!

Comment

Originally posted by deb57 View Post
            hi, are there any other posts that deal with this topic please, need as much information, in a very short space of time, thank you
            Welcome
            Suggest you search this part of the forum: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...nd-bereavement

If you need help please start your own thread and not hijack someone else's

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

Welcome
              Suggest you search this part of the forum: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...nd-bereavement

Thank you for the information. It's much appreciated. Jules is my sister and we are desperately needing the same information

Comment

Not very nice of you to talk to someone in that way and she happens to be my sister so no point her starting her own thread when we want the same answer .

Comment

Originally posted by Jules55 View Post
                  Not very nice of you to talk to someone in that way and she happens to be my sister so no point her starting her own thread when we want the same answer .
                  I was not aware of the sibling connection, or that it was to do with the same problem.

The advice to start one's own thread and not hijack someone else's is standard to prevent confusion.between posters.
                  Your sister should have made the connection clear.
                  No offence was intended

Comment

I was not aware of the sibling connection, or that it was to do with the same problem.

The advice to start one's own thread and not hijack someone else's is standard to prevent confusion.between posters.
                    Your sister should have made the connection clear.
                    No offence was intended
                    You could have put it more politely...Anyhow if I can will delete this thread as we received our sealed appearance even though we didn't keep the response brief I typed it in word. It was posted last Thursday signed for and the reply received by first class post on Monday so it being a little informal must have worked.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X