• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine

I have received a letter from dcb legal for a parking fine from 2018. Briefly I parked for 15 mins in a car park that was previously free for 20 mins. I did not receive correspondence about the fine. They now want me to enter into mediation with hmcts , whoever they are. If that fails its going to court, what do I do?
    Tags: None

It sounds as though it's already at court, though DCBL wouldn't be bringing the case. Is there a court reference number in the correspondence? If their is the phone up the court and ask what it is about.

There is a mediation process within the court system, possibly what hmcts is referring to but you shouldn't be here without receiving previous court documents.

Post up a redacted copy of that letter you received.

have they indicated who their client is

Comment

Thanks for the reply, it's all weird jargon on the letter, yes I had a letter from a Court, which I wrote my defense on, I have now received this latest letter, not from the court but from dcbl, saying after hearing my defense they still want to go to court but letter appears to be pushing for mediation, where I'm presuming they will want to settle, may settle for a lesser amount than the 280 they are saying I owe, I would like to fight it in court but if I lose it will cost me dearly!

Comment

What's the heading on the form? Directions questionnaire? Post up a redacted copy

So what was your defence, in full

What is the particulars of claim?

Really need as much info as possible to try and help. That includes the Notice to Keeper that you received, hopefully the signage in the car park. Post on an image hosting site such as imgur and link to the images on here

Letter to the solicitor demanding copies of all the documents they intend to use in court including but not limited to the Notice to Keeper allegedly sent to you in order to reduce the issues between you as expected by the courts

Would be interesting to see where the £280 comes from

It will cost you what they are claiming, if you lose.

Comment

Thanks again for reply. I will take it step by step. Briefly I never paid for the car park because the last time I had used it it was free for 20 minutes, I was in a state as my elderly brother had had a severe stroke and needed pyjamas urgently, I was on the way to work and just parked on the car park and ran into shop, grabbed pj's and ran back to car. 15 mins tops. I lived on a boat in 2018 and had mail delivered to neices house, I did not receive correspondence from any company until this year, I now live in a house and obviously they have got my address and the first I hear is a court letter, which I responded to. Offering to pay a pound which was probably one hrs parking at the time. I will try to post a copy of the letter on here, I'm not good with technology but will get help. I appreciate the advice, it's quite stressful having this hanging over me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X