• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is it possible to retrospectively set aside a CCJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to retrospectively set aside a CCJ?

Hi everyone,

I have put myself in quite a bit of a pickle and wondering if anyone can offer some advice.

I received a parking ticket from a private parking firm in Aug 2017, which I disputed at the time and never heard back - I was in a parking space for 4 minutes,went to get cash for the parking meter, when I got to the ATM I realised I didn't have my purse, got back in my car and drove home.
    In Sept 2017 I was married and took on my husbands name.
    In December 2018, I left the the UK to move overseas for humanitarian work. From receiving the first parking ticket, which I disputed, I never received another letter from the parking firm.
    On 25 March 2019, a CCJ was taken out against me in my maiden name to my old address. I had postal redirection on, but as it was in my maiden name I can only assume it was returned. Had I received the CCJ at this point I would have paid it, as I do accept that I was in their parking space.
    On the 13th February 2020, while working in Iraq I checked my credit score and saw that I had the CCJ on my file. I immediately phoned Northampton County Court and made the payment to satisfy the judgement; with limited internet at the time I couldn't research the options available to me and panicked over having an unpaid debt against my name. A decision I now see at stupidly hasty!
    So, I am wondering if there is any way to retrospectively remove that CCJ from my file. I am still working in Iraq (I have a UK residential address), but attending a court hearing in person would be difficult for me, particularly with COVID-19 travel restrictions. I do not dispute the parking ticket, nor do I mind the fact that I paid the full amount, but I do feel that it isn't very fair that my credit score is going to suffer for 6 years when I didn't received any notifications relating to the CCJ.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Sarah-Jane

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X