• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New to the Forum - Seeking help regarding vehicle damages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum - Seeking help regarding vehicle damages

Hi,

As the title says I am new to the forum and looking for help and suggestions in pursuing my landlord for damages caused to my vehicle.

Having had my landlord who was an elderly gentleman dent the driver side door of my car at the end of January, I agreed to get some quotes for the repair and allow him to pay for the damages without claiming through his insurance.

I gained four quotes and communicated them to him in an email, but with Corona Virus outbreak the workshops closed and I was unable to get the work carried out.

With the recent reopening of businesses and workshops a few weeks ago, I initiated communications again to get the repairs finally under way.

The landlord requested that I further approach his new tenant who had moved in next door and worked in the motor trade as he may be able to help in seeking a cheaper price for the repair work.

I did this, however his contacts were unfortunately unable able to help. One quote was more expensive and the other contact being a pintless dent remover, believed the job was not practical as he would not be able to gain access to the rear of the damage.

I forwarded the communications in an email to the landlord, as well as an additional quote which I had completed whilst having my AC serviced.

The next day I received a phone call from the landlord and told he was only willing to contribute £200 to the £280+VAT sum which had been consistent throughout all of the quotes.

I obviously argued the situation but it fell on deaf ears and he politely hung up when I proposed the only option I had was to proceed with the claim.

My only issue is, in checking to see if it claiming through the insurance company bared any negative implication I realised that I have to report any accident within 24 hours which means I cannot follow this route.

Can anybody please suggest any means of pursuing this issue?

Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

You can pursue a claim against your landlord through the small claims court if you cannot use your insurer. A well worded pre action letter should bring the chap to his senses and make him realise it will end up costing more if he quibbles over the extra £80+vat.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X