• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit file help :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit file help :(

Hi all, hoping someone can advise me a little.
    Back in March I missed a loan repayment to Natwest. 100% my fault and now sorted. I also missed several payments to EE, for a wireless dongle.
    However, I was told when taking the contract out that it was pay monthly, and after the term finished, if I no longer needed it, I could just cancel the DD and it simply wouldn't work.
    I didnt recieve any correspondance until one angry letter demanding settlement, which of course I sorted and closed the account totally.

I am now trying to get a mortgage and this is giving me major issues. I have a broker who is confident she can get me a product as soon as FTB mortgages are reintroduced by the lender next month. They have seen my credit file etc so know everything.
    My main issue is I really cannot wait - I am trying to leave an abusive relationship and have found a property for myself and my son. Prior to these incidents I had a good score and no missed payments showing. Is there any hope of getting either creditor to consider a GOGW and removing these late payments if I explain the situation?
    I know I have more chance with EE as I was actually told factually incorrect information which is what led to the missed payments. However, with NW, the nature of my current relationship was a large factor in me missing the payment.
    I have "proof" of the abuse as I have a support worker from IDAS and a police report has been made. My partner knows nothing about these or my plan to leave.
    I would rather not be on tenterhooks waiting to see if my poor credit mortgage will be approved next month - the sellers have been wonderful and are happy to wait but I would just like more certainty I can proceed. I would also get away with a smaller deposit which would be great. I did have an AIP with NW but the credit file is whats stopping me going with a high street lender.
    Thank you for any advice or thoughts.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X