• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car stolen 19 months ago. Request for D(b) consent form to be signed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car stolen 19 months ago. Request for D(b) consent form to be signed

Around 19 months I had my car stolen from a dealership forecourt. stupidly left key in ignition, partly as in hurry and partly as there were a couple of suspicious looking characters that unnerved me at time swearing and one walking in front of car and staring at me momentarily.
    I reported it to Police at time using dealership landline as my mobile was in car. I did not have Insurance number and was working nights so called Insurance and car finance company next morning.
    4 days later the police got hit on ANPR ,chased car and arrested driver. Unfortunately he hit another car at time.
    Insurance told me to collect car from compound which I did but there was more damage on car than had been reported by police.
    I again reported this to Insurance company telling them that the compound admitted causing the additional damage and agreed to get repaired that was on outside of car but there was also some under car that looked from photos to be possibly caused by a forklift.
    I did not believe i had asked for a claim to be raised for the initial car theft but when i asked for the compound damage to be checked they said it would have to go on a claim with the car theft. The Insurance company then notified myself that an Insurance fraud Investigator would come and take a statement from me.which they did at later date.
    I chased Police and Insurance for updates for several months but Police said that they had intelligence the man they arrested had since deceased but before interview.
    I informed the Insurance company I needed car for work and would pay for repairs myself which I did. I have since had the car serviced and 2 x MOT.
    This whole experience has been stressful for myself and my wife and had come at a large financial burden to get all repairs done, thus had by this time resigned ourselves to putting it behind us. I am now being asked to sign a D(b) consent form so they may get reports, CCTV etc from Police. I do not need this dragging on and although I know I did not have anything to do with car theft, I also know that Investigators are not acting for me or concerned about my interests. I know that leaving keys in car voids any claim so as I have nothing to gain, I know they would have looked at things like my financial status which would have shown never defaulted and in fact had paid more payments than due. Sorry long winded but, my question is do I have to sign the consent forms?
    Last edited by Angel1; 2nd July 2020, 00:48:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X