• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking ticket

Hi just a bit of advice about a parking ticket from local council, of which i ignored by the way as my partner has cancer,* now 2 weeks ago had a letter saying that i have 14 days to respond to pay or they'll send out debt collectors,* again i ignored but now feeling a bit worried that i didn't as had plenty else to deal with.*
    what should i do now to try and resolve this,* but can't afford £100 at the moment as on furlough from work but i don't live with partner either.*

Any help would be apreciated
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Is this for a Penalty Charge Notice or a Parking Charge Notice - there is a difference?

Comment

Its for a penalty charge notice

Comment

Are actually "guilty" or do you have a valid defence against the ticket being issued. If it is because you cannot afford to pay then you need to contact the Council and ask for time to pay. Difficulty may arise if they have already passed it on to Bailiffs to enforce. Before getting to this stage you should have received several demands for payment and if they have all been ignored then the Council may not feel in a position to help.

Comment

Ive only had a notice stating must be paid within 14days to avoid further action as i ignored he first ticket.*

Comment

cancelled as crossed due to slow fingers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Woolfie7246 View Post
              Ive only had a notice stating must be paid within 14days to avoid further action as i ignored he first ticket.

In that case contact the Council as suggested while you have the opportunity. If it does get to enforcement stage you could well be looking at between £400 & £500.

Comment

Ok thanks guys

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X