• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

After SERIOUS accident - Incompetent Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After SERIOUS accident - Incompetent Solicitors

I was knocked off my motorbike by a dangerous driver in 2019. Shoulder shattered, arm badly broken in several plsces, and a thumb that is unlikely to be of much use. I was a professional musician - but will never be again.

I was advised by my insurance company to go with Slater & Gordon. This was a terrible mistake as the company employs people that seem incapable of doing the simplest of things. The medical report that they commissioned misses key points, omits an entire broken arm, and seems to be setting out to deliberately mislead the court. I have asked 30 or so times for legal advice but have been fobbed off by a claims handler team leader with no legal qualifications. The little correspondence they have produced is contradictory, full of factual errors and has not been proof read at any stage. I was promised badly needed physiotherapy which has not happened despite asking so many times. The calls involving the team leader have descended into arguements and even threats that slater and gordon "would come after me" if I changed lawyers. I cannot cope with how nasty she is - I just wanted to clarify a legal point.*

When I approached another solicitor I was informed that Slater and Gordon had lodged the case with the MOJ portal as soon as they realised I was leaving them. The result is I am literally stuck with them as no other lawyer can now afford to represent me.*

Slater and Gordon still don't respond to my emails and when I did call was told by the switchboard staff that they didn't know how to put me through to the right person - not for the first time!

I'm in a lot of pain still. I still can't do simple things like dressing, without tremendous difficulty and pain. Slater and Gordon are doing nothing whatsoever. I am becoming depressed over the whole thing.*

It is pitifully obvious that Slater and Gordon cannot manage my case and don't seem to have the competence to progress things, or even help, in anything resembling a professional manner.*

Please, please could anyone suggest something which I could do which would force this terrible firm to do something??? I seriously cannot go on like this for much longer. I want questions answered and I want a decent conversation with a legally qualified person. This firm is making me mentally and emotionally unwell.

Someone please help. I would be genuinely grateful.*

Thanks,*

M McP

Formal complaint, if you are still not satisfied take it to the Legal Ombudsman after that.

https://www.slatergordon.co.uk/conta...nts-procedure/

Otherwise, sue them for negligence and perhaps speak to a professional negligence solicitor. May be worth making a subject access request for any calls that may be recorded that you've had with that person, can be used as evidence as to how they have handled the situation.*

If you want to go all out, report them to the SRA for breach of the code of conduct. Suggest you look at the codes of conduct on the SRa website and align it to the issue you are having.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X