• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judge refused to recuse himself and decided permission to appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge refused to recuse himself and decided permission to appeal

Hi, All.*
    * * * As a LIP in a Family law case I recently had a judge refuse to recuse himself. The main point that I had was that he refuses to ask for a foreign police report which is absolutely central to any fact finding hearing. I have been in touch with the Foreign officer and he says a simple email from the judge would suffice, the judge refuses to do this. As this is the core issue, it is my case that I can't receive a fair hearing without it. I have alleged bias on this and other issues.
    * * I have brought this to the attention of Police officers and Social workers and they said that they can't understand why any judge wouldn't want to see it or ask for it. In his summing up on refusal to recuse he stated that he didn't think that the police officers or social worker would meet the fair minded, informed observer test? Surely if they don't, who would? Also on refusal I stated that I was legally entitled to have this heard by someone other than himself. I asked for permission to appeal and he denied me this. Surely this is not right and could constitute bias on its own. I want to appeal but I am unsure of the next step. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks*
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X