• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Historical Theft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical Theft

Hi All, In a nut shell I'm trying to gather information on a possible theft of 40,000 to 60,000 GBP from an unknown company that operated out of the Canary Wharves approximately 15 years ago. The tale is that an employee of this company worked in the collections department that received a call from a debtor in relation to an outstanding debt. The company had in fact, recently, *"written off" the debt but the employee had convinced the debtor to issue a cheque for the debt made out to the employee's personal name and not the company. The employee had received and held the cheque for some weeks before depositing the cheque into their own bank account. As the company had written the debt off, they no longer pursued the debtor so the debtor assumed that they had received the money. The employee was an overseas resident on a Working Visa in the UK and returned to their homeland free and clear of any suspicion. Ultimately, I'm trying to ascertain whether this employee divulged this story in an attention seeking drunken rant or a*drunken*uncontrolled bean-spilling episode. I have very limited information on this and while I do have the name of the employee, (at this stage I would prefer not to divulge the identity of the employee).*I would like to try and gather info on the event, (IF IT REALLY HAPPENED), as this person is possibly about to move on to a much larger crime that would involve manipulating family members and and altering Wills.*Proving the Canary Wharves theft WILL prevent this. I would appreciate ANY thoughts, advice or info anyone may have. In the meantime I'm trying to gather more specific info in relation to timelines and companies which I will post as soon as I can obtain it but this may be very difficult. Many thanks in advance. ScottyT**
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X