• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Travel insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel insurance

Travel Insurance - Villa

I had booked a villa for a getaway in March this year. Due to the epidemic this was cancelled. The villa would not refund any of the money paid so I turned to my travel insurance. During the claim it was disclosed that 8 other people were likely to be joining me although a few more may have come across during the week. I paid £863.92 for this villa and invited friends and family to join me. My insurance company had offered me £92.52 minus the £50 excess, so a refund of £42.52.

The have claim "I would advise that the policy would only provide cover for your proportion of the villa and whilst you may have paid for this in full, as this was to be shared by 9 persons, I can only consider your proportion of this.

I would argue that my proportion of this is £863.92 as this is what I have paid. My friends would now have to claim off their own travel insurance for an expense that they have not incurred and then give this money over to me which surely does not seem appropriate or possible even legal.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X