• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke again......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke again......

In December 2018 I successfully defended a claim from M/C and had the CCJ struck out as they couldn’t supply the documentation.
    Today I have received a letter from them (with a copy of my defence attached) stating that they can now supply the documentation if I ring them to verify my email address .
    They have also enclosed an income and expenditure form for me to complete.
    Are these muppets for real? Do I have any redress or claim for compensation or should I just file it very carefully in the plastic receptacle out the front!

Many thanks
    J
    Tags: None

M.C they are the pitts

Comment

Dont ignore. Write back to them inviting them to provide all they documents they intend to rely on to show their cause of action. They will need the default notice too so I'd see what they send before taking next steps.

Also of you haven't already make a s78 request too
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

But surely if the case has already been struck out, they can’t resubmit it can they?
        They say in their letter “due to current circumstances they are unable to provide any hard copies”.
        They want my email address (which if they look is on the defence paperwork that I returned to court), but I have to ring them to verify my email address.
        Could this be a phishing exercise?
        I made a s78 request 18 months ago which they were unable to provide.
        I cant understand why they have contacted me now.

Comment

Yes they can reissue. There's nothing to stop that. The merits of the claim haven't been tested by the court so they can reissue and are very litigious too

Ok you don't have to accept docs by email. You are entitled to hard copies
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Is it worth sitting tight and see what they do next?
            I doubt very much they have original copies of the documentation. Surely if they had the documentation they would just plough ahead?
            Maybe someone with too much time on their hands???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X