• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pixsy letter re use of photo on website demanding fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixsy letter re use of photo on website demanding fee

Hello everyone,

I am new here and need some help please.

I got an email from Pixsy regarding a picture on my website and demanding £750. long story for short, I contacted them asking if they could reduced the amount, but haven't heard anything from them, then I called today, after long time ringing, someone finally picked up the phone said will ask the person who dealing the case contact me, but no one yet.

Today is their payment deadline. Can I wait till they come back to me or do I have to pay today? I would like to ask some professional help, but I am not sure how much it would be cost. Can I get some advice please? Your help much appreciated.Thank you
    Tags: None

You might find this thread interesting: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ve-commons-2-0

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

You might find this thread interesting: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ve-commons-2-0
      Hello DES8

Many thanks for your help, I have read the thread already, but I have different questions and need help. Thank you

Comment

Well in that case you will need to post up more information about your case and what you want

Comment

Well in that case you will need to post up more information about your case and what you want
          Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

It was an innocent error, but still my mistake, so I am willing to pay for it, but £750 is too much. I asked Pixsy to reduce the amount.

Today is their payment deadline. I am still waiting for their reply. So can I wait till they come back to me or do I have to pay today? Thank you

Comment

wait for them to come back, and if you feel like paying (bear in mind the points raised in the other thread about the chances of them going legal) negotiate hard for a reduced fee.
            No need to panic or worry about their threats if you never get proper court papers

Comment

wait for them to come back, and if you feel like paying (bear in mind the points raised in the other thread about the chances of them going legal) negotiate hard for a reduced fee.
              No need to panic or worry about their threats if you never get proper court papers
              Thank you so SO very much. I was really worried it. I will wait for their reply, I also contacted the photographer, but he asked me to contact the Pixsy. Thank you !!

Comment

Hello everyone, I sent a email to Pixsy ask if they could reduce the amount, as I am not in trading due to the Coivd, they read my emails, but till today they still haven't reply yet. 01 Jue was the dealine for the payment. Are they just playing games? Should I be panic?

Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

No need to panic, ever!
                  The ball is in their court.
                  They haven't replied to your response, so leave it until they decide to respond, if ever

Comment

Ok, Thank you, thank you very much ! !

Comment

Do not worry about adhering to their deadlines. What exactly have Pixsy threatened they will do if you don't pay? Also, can you tell us where they are based as a company?
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

They said:
                        Please note that this letter is a first step towards resolving this matter of unlicensed use, and that our offer to license Mr.xxxx’s image(s) for a fair fee is only available if this matter is resolved on or before Monday, June 1, 2020.

In the event that resolution with a license fee is not possible, our next steps are to forward this matter to a legal partner in your local area to secure the highest fees recoverable for copyright infringement. These fees include actual damages or statutory damages, and can include legal costs, expenses, costs affiliated with filing a lawsuit, and ensuing litigation. Fees recoverable in the event of copyright infringement typically far exceed the cost of an
                        initial license.

Pixsy has a strong history and success in the United Kingdom of bringing cases to the IPEC (Intellectual Property Enterprise Court) small claims court in matters where licensing of unauthorised use was not possible.

The address is:
                        Email: resolution@pixsy.com (please always reply to the original email thread and include the reference number)
                        Phone: +44 20 3807 4030
                        Post: Pixsy, 120 High Road, East Finchley, N2 9ED, London

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                          Do not worry about adhering to their deadlines. What exactly have Pixsy threatened they will do if you don't pay? Also, can you tell us where they are based as a company?
                          They said:
                          Please note that this letter is a first step towards resolving this matter of unlicensed use, and that our offer to license Mr.xxxx’s image(s) for a fair fee is only available if this matter is resolved on or before Monday, June 1, 2020.

In the event that resolution with a license fee is not possible, our next steps are to forward this matter to a legal partner in your local area to secure the highest fees recoverable for copyright infringement. These fees include actual damages or statutory damages, and can include legal costs, expenses, costs affiliated with filing a lawsuit, and ensuing litigation. Fees recoverable in the event of copyright infringement typically far exceed the cost of an
                          initial license.

Pixsy has a strong history and success in the United Kingdom of bringing cases to the IPEC (Intellectual Property Enterprise Court) small claims court in matters where licensing of unauthorised use was not possible.

The address is:
                          Email: resolution@pixsy.com (please always reply to the original email thread and include the reference number)
                          Phone: +44 20 3807 4030
                          Post: Pixsy, 120 High Road, East Finchley, N2 9ED, London

Comment

See that's where they screw up. You cannot add legal costs to claims under 10k that fall in the small claims track, or certainly not enough to warrant serious concern. This rule is the same in the IP court as in the County Courts. I find it very troubling that these companies repeatedly threaten legal costs on top of the 'damages' when they have an extremely low likelihood of applying them to such a claim.
                            It doesn't mean they can't issue a claim, but they will struggle to inflate it much higher, which means you are in a much stronger position to negotiate a partial settlement if they ever reply.....
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                              See that's where they screw up. You cannot add legal costs to claims under 10k that fall in the small claims track, or certainly not enough to warrant serious concern. This rule is the same in the IP court as in the County Courts. I find it very troubling that these companies repeatedly threaten legal costs on top of the 'damages' when they have an extremely low likelihood of applying them to such a claim.
                              It doesn't mean they can't issue a claim, but they will struggle to inflate it much higher, which means you are in a much stronger position to negotiate a partial settlement if they ever reply.....
                              That is really good to know. Thank you very much !!

I also want to say that I am very lucky to have found this site and the Forum. I felt helpless and panic, when I was threatened and ignored, but I got help from here from the first post. Thank you everyone for the help!

How can I let others know more about LegalBeagles, I know there are many people like me need help. Thank you !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X