• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Furniture.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furniture.

I took delivery of a new sofa on Monday 18/05/2020 since that date I have noticed some issues with the sofa which I have brought to the attention via email of the furniture retailer Aldiss of Fakenham Norfolk. On the 22/05/2020 they requested photos of the problems which have been provided via email. Their response was prompt saying they are passing the photos onto the Sofa manufacturer for a response. Pointing out that they will only receive a response as and if the manufacturers return to work regarding the Coronavirus situation. I think I have done all I can to record my complaint within the law just wanting to check if I need to do anything else?. What concerns me is if the manufacturer goes bust!.
    Tags: None

The retailer remains liable, always. Is the problem sufficient that you would reject the furniture?

Comment

Originally posted by MoxysBgsi
      You can return any piece of furniture within 21 days of your purchase. You also have to provide a valid receipt or any other proof of payment.
      That is not correct. Only if there is a defect

Comment

If the goods are satisfactory then there is no automatic right to return them, it's up to the retailer to decide their returns policy.

Distance selling regulations allow you to return in 14 days.

Comment

The law remains constant, what varies is how the individual stores wish to handle it.

Comment

What I would do, is depending on how you paid for it, i.e. debit or credit card. Start the 'Chargeback or 'Section 75' process now, simply because of the void created by the 'retailer' not taking ownership of the issue. Chargeback' or 'Section 75 both has time limits, you can carry on trying to resolve the matter with the 'retailer' at the same time. If you resolve the matter with the 'retailer' then close the 'Chargeback or Section 75' claim. The issuer of the cards normally 'drag the claim process out'.

Some retailers are more 'consumer friendly' then other retailers. Some actively encouraging you to return goods, if your not happy, that's 'smart retail', the last thing they want you to do is 'trash' their brand to 'friends and family' when they spend millions promoting the brand.
            Last edited by echat11; 22nd May 2021, 05:08:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X