• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need desperate help! Barclays accused me of fraud, closed my account & stole my money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need desperate help! Barclays accused me of fraud, closed my account & stole my money

Barclays falsely accused me of fraud, closed my account and stole my money that I'd saved for law school this autumn.

Barclays initially blocked my account and put it under investigation for fraud but would not tell me why. I have committed no wrongdoings (& have proof of everything) yet they're treating me like a criminal. They’re linking me to a chargeback case my mum’s business had with Barclaycard (which she’s now won) just because she sent me money. We saved up money for me in an investment bond until I was 18, then I lent it to her for her business & then she repaid some of it back recently. Barclays is accusing me of fraud with no evidence… because I haven’t actually done anything wrong! They just got suspicious of a large sum of money (that was my investment bond savings) being paid into my account just because my mum was having a chargeback case around the same time which I’m not even linked to. They wouldn’t let me defend myself and wouldn’t accept any evidence from me that proves I’m innocent. I sent them a complaint with full evidence that the money is rightfully mine but they closed my account without even looking at it or waiting for the result of the chargeback case (which my mum’s business has won). They’ve taken hold of my money and left me destitute. I had plans to go to law school this autumn and was going to fund it with my savings but I can’t anymore. They’ve caused me extreme financial and emotional distress and have now also destroyed my future career prospects.

Should I complain to Financial Ombudsman (takes 4-9 months for case to be assigned to case handler) or take them to court?

What should I do??? Any advice appreciated !
    Last edited by sa2020; 24th May 2020, 19:40:PM.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X