• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defence claim they believe I was a retired Police office?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence claim they believe I was a retired Police office?

Hi, can anyone advise me what to do, if anything.
    I am appointed as a McKenzie friend for my step daughter in her application for a non molestation order.
    The respondent objected to this as I wasn't a solicitor, the judge overruled this objection.
    I have just received a copy of the respondents statement from April and in it he claims That "he believes" I have told his solicitor and my previous employer that I was a retired Police officer. Obviously done to discredit me, I assume to have me removed.
    I am concerned about this for it could have repercussions. My previous employed has confirmed in writing that I never told or gave the impression I had been in the Police force, without requiring an explanation.
    I have also informed the court that this is untrue.
    Question:-
    Do i do anything more about this, such as talk to the police?
    Tags: None

Do nothing. It's double hearsay and in any event the writer can believe what he wants. I assume the Order was granted.

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
      Do nothing. It's double hearsay and in any event the writer can believe what he wants. I assume the Order was granted.
      Thank you for the reply, I thought it clever use of the word "believe".
      Order not yet granted, the initial phone hearing was adjourned as respondent only received the documents the day before.
      I/we were not provided with his first statement (April) until Friday (8th) because we had to request it.
      In both his statements the respondent makes numerous claims of no evidence to support our original.statement that accompanied the application
      Right or wrong have written to the court enclosing considerable evidential support for our claims such as a Police Subject Access Request reply about previous incidences, texts from police officers and numerous other documents. TBH I have thrown everything we have into the court as this proves he has lied in both his statements (aided by his solicitor, who has also lied).
      This was in frustration in reading his 2 defence statements, its hoped the Judge (who has reserved the case for him self at the second hearing) allows this into evidence or if not he at least reads it and is aware of the situation.
      I will fight with everything I have to get this girl legal protection.
      Thanks again EFPOM
      Puzzled that my first post was as a guest.

Comment

efpom I can now answer your question.
        An order was not granted today however, we accepted the respondents undertaking to the court that the he would abide by conditions, almost identical to those requested in our order application and for the period we asked for with an option to extend this period if justified in the future. Failure to abide by his undertaking can result in arrest and even imprisonment.
        That is good enough protection for my SD and as good as any order would have been.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X