• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifted asda but paid for goods, over £200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifted asda but paid for goods, over £200

Hi,
    I'm in pieces. I just did my asda shop and completely forgot to pay for my entire shop. I was stopped before leaving and taken to a a back room. I had to give my name, address and car detsils and they took my photo. I said I wanted to pay for my shop. They banned me for 3 yrs. I paid for shop and they kept the receipt. It came to £300. I'm terrified the police will come to my house and I will be arrested and end up in prison. Please can anyone tell me what will happen next? Thank you very much.
    Tags: None

Anyone please? Please.

Comment

So you paid for the goods, what are they going to accuse you of?

Please allow more than 25 minutes for people to repond*

Comment

Simple mistake. When you have other things on your mind accidents happen. Find another supermarket shop there. as above you have paid so there is no offence committed. Advice try and get shopping delivered or book and collect.

Comment

Do ASDA use a loss recovery company- if they do I think you will get letters from them begging for money (demanding). I think the advice would be to ignore them. I have never had any (never been caught*)

Comment

Thanks everyone. I was advised I will receive a civil recovery letter and I have been banned for 3 years. I have all my details and they took a photo that I am terrified they all pass on to the police who will at some point come to my home. I paid but obviously in their eyes I would have shoplifted a huge amount of they hadn't stopped me. I'm so scared they will have called the police after I left and will now be going through all their cctv to see if I've done it before (I havent) etc. Sorry, I'm terrified. I have never ever broken the law or even had a parking ticket before.

Comment

They will not pass on to police just get on with life and any begging letters just file them read other post you owe nothing end of

Comment

Thank you. I just worry that I still committed a crime in the eyes of the law as I went to leave without paying but was stopped before leaving and then co operated and paid in full, obviously as I wanted my shopping and never intended to not pay! Understandably they didn't believe me. If my partner finds out by police coming to the home I won't be safe. Is there anything I can do? I'm so scared I can't stop thinking about it and that I may end up in prison and lose my children.

Comment

If the police weren't called at the time they won't be interested now.* But as as been said there is no offence, everything paid for

Comment

Ok, thank you very much.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X