• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marks & Spencer Trespass Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks both, will try my best. I almost plucked the courage to go into a different M&S today just to see, but there was a massive queue so ended up going elsewhere. I just pray to God the whole thing ends here and won’t be so stressful every time I’m close to a an M&S.

Comment

Thanks both, will try my best. I almost plucked the courage to go into a different M&S today just to see, but there was a massive queue so ended up going elsewhere. I just pray to God the whole thing ends here and won’t be so stressful every time I’m close to a an M&S.

Comment

Apologies for being a pain, I was doing a bit more reading. Do you think it’s likely that M&S will share my details outside the company with other retailers in the local area and ‘crime prevention’ companies ? I have been ok at other local supermarkets, thank God.*

Also I guess it would be likely that each month about a dozen would be issued with such notice by each store? I’m asking because, if that’s the case then hopefully in say a year, i will be at least 100 down the line and therefore hopefully not remembered...

take care and apologies for keep coming back !

Comment

You are over thinking this.
          Even if M&S have shared your details with other stores, what do you think these stores will do?
          Why nothing. IF they spot you all they will do is watch just in case you try and filch a free cup of coffee from them!

Probably forgotten you already

Comment

Hi all,
            hope everyone keeping safe and healthy during this time. So this morning I built the courage to go into a different local M&S about 1.5 miles away from the one in question. I went in, even asked staff for some items I couldn’t see on the shelves. Obviously not the same staff as the other store but no one stopped me or asked me any questions. If you were in my position would you assume that going to other M&S stores (different staff) should be ok? Or do you think there would be a system somewhere recognising me and that I have re-entered an M&S store, hence someone will later then do a cross check to see if it’s a false positive or not....if that makes sense ?
            thanks and take care
            A

Comment

Stop stressing over this.
              No one is going back over CCTV to do any cross checking (it takes too long, is too expensive and there is no reason)
              Even if they could, there would be no point doing it as you are no longer in the store and there is no action they could take.

Carry on as normal.
              IF (and it is a big if) you should be spotted in one of their stores all they can do (assuming you are not there to steal!) is ask you to leave, and use proportional force if you decline

Comment

Originally posted by davidhencke
                HI. I am a freelance journalist and I has just written a story about M&S and trespass orders after taking up a case on my blog. The link is https://davidhencke.com/2021/08/05/e...them-for-life/ . The family tested out the ban by ordering directly on line and visiting three other M&S stores but not returning to the Bexleyheath store where it was issued. They had no problems, the order was delivered to her home and no -one stopped them at the other stores. I suspect the M&S Sparks card is used to keep track of people's orders - so if it is not used it is much more difficult to trace anyone.
                Hi David

It might be an idea to contact Admin to get authority to post (site protocols) - admin@legalbeagles.info

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Hi David

It might be an idea to contact Admin to get authority to post (site protocols) - admin@legalbeagles.info
                  authority to post? But he just did....that's what having an account here gives you....?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeMaverick View Post

authority to post? But he just did....that's what having an account here gives you....?
                    Yes, but as a journalist.

Comment

Hello. After a year I started going to marks and Spencer’s again and believe it or not, I was at the flagship store in Oxford Street with my toddler doing shopping. I usually get him a chocolate croissant when we do shopping together so (which is my fault) I let him have the croissant while we continued shopping and honestly forgot to pay as that was in his hand and I think finished at that point. Once I stepped out of the store, I was asked to come back to the store in a room. They took my details, ID with my address and asked me to look up for five seconds at a camera that was in the ceiling as well as hold the tread pass notice while they take a shot of me. All of this with my toddler son…so embarrassing to say the least and been depressed to be honest. It was my fault as shouldn’t have forgotten although I think it is not proportionate, I even apologised but it made zero difference. I know I had advice before but just checking it’s stil the same as in don’t pay the invoice bills I get from the company once they send me a bill. I just want to make sure the balance won’t then incur interest and penalties for non payment with someone coming at the door for payment? I have never had anyone come to my home for any sort of payment etc so I don’t want it to be a first.

m I guess it’s best to avoid M&S now for the future, what a shame!!

A

Comment

Cheap elsewhere

Comment

Nothing is going to happen except a civil recovery company will write threatening letters asking for money.
                          Ignore them and eventually they stop when they realise you are not playing their game.
                          No debt collectors calling, no knocks on the door
                          Just ignore them, get on with your life and look after your family

Comment

Thanks for putting my mind at rest. On a separate note, I don’t believe M&S, or other big companies do this but I have seen smaller shops put photos of “thief’s” in their shops or Instagram page , is this legal and allowed ?

Comment

Shops that do that are treading on very thin ice, especially if the person pictured has not been convicted of theft

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X