• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander card closed (cifas marker)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander card closed (cifas marker)

Hi guys I’m 17 years old currently in college, a few months back I was naive enough to add one of those frauds on snap which at that time I didn’t know about because it seemed genuine and said it was legit and risk free so I thought why now, so the lady messaged me and asked if I wanted to make money and I said yeah then I asked where the money is coming from and she said she has business accounts with a lot of money so they are looking for cards to release funds into
    We then agreed to meet up for her to take my card but her cousin showed up instead and I gave him my card
    The process took a few weeks and this whole time I would have researched about this to know what I was getting myself into but I was too oblivious
    The money was released into my account which was £2000 and the guy managed to take out £1300
    A few days later my card got blocked with £700 left in it and he had said to ring the bank to unlock it so he could do the second drop but they needed the back number which I didn’t know
    He didn’t speak to me for weeks
    Then two days ago I got a letter from Santander saying they were withdrawing my banking facilities and my card will be closed in 30 days
    So I just thought okay I’ll just open with a different bank so I tried Natwest and all the other cash apps but I got declined
    So I then googled to see what’s going on and it came to my realisation that I may have been registered on cifas with a fraud marker for first degree fraud which lasts for 6 years
    I was out of words as I had no clue about this

I could not sleep or eat I had an anxiety attack the whole night and I was shaking, it just didn’t feel real, the next morning I decided to text my cousin and let her know what had happened so she could tell my mum and aunt bc I wasn’t gonna do it myself
    Everyone was shocked and angry bc they didn’t understand why I needed it, which to be fair I didn’t but luckily they all calmed down and decided I’ll use my aunt’s card for my wages until I’m 24!!!
    I can’t even get car insurance or student finance when I get to uni
    I feel like all my dreams have been crushed and my life plans have been ruined bc I had planned to go uni get a car next year and live an independent life which I can’t anymore
    I feel guilty, stressed, confused, anxious and depressed, even contemplating death at this point

But my main worry is I’m not sure banks will still allow me to open an account after my six year sentence as I’m not trusted anymore
    And what’s worse it I’m going to be 24 with no credit score!!
    I’m thinking of working in care for the rest of my sentence after I complete my college qualification then start uni at 24 which is just embarrassing to me

I also want to know if I’m still employable
    And just any advice going forward

I can’t believe I got myself into this
    I feel like the universe has neglected me and does not rate me
    I need reassurance that life will still work out bc I’m hopeless at this point
    I have currently made a subject request to CIFAS to know how long my marker will last as I am unsure about all the details
    I’m scared for my life
    And is it likely for the police to get involved?? I saw that could go to jail for 14 years!! I don’t want that bc I believe I’m a victim in my case but they don’t know that
    Tags: None

I'm very torn here! As a mum, I want to shout at you for being an idiot, but equally it is scary how easy it is for fraudsters to target and persuade the young and naïve to become money mules. Fortunately for you, because we don't have brilliant policing on financial fraud, you are unlikely to be hit with more than the credit damage and CIFAS marker. But this was money laundering and I don't even want to think about how the money accrued, its always something illegal like drugs, people trafficking etc
    You will be able to get a bank account at 24, probably a basic one, but you will be able to rebuild from there. I know it's not ideal but its a lot better than a criminal record. The CIFAS marker may show up in searches on you but I believe has to cease after 6 years, so is unlikely to cause you problems seeking employment.
    This is a big learning event for you, try to use this to do some good. You must have friends who have been approached with similar fraud opportunities? Make sure you make as many of your peers aware as possible of the dangers of dealing with these criminals. Take care.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Also, be thankful you have a supportive and understanding family. You made a mistake, but that is definitely not worth you considering the value of your life. If you continue to experience such negative thoughts, please seek professional help, you may have some serious anxiety or depression at these events, make sure you treat that as a priority. XX
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X