• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car on finance needing huge repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car on finance needing huge repair

i have a car on hire purchase and its warranty of 6 months has run out. I have had the car 13 months never been late paying it when it had its MOT in march it cost me £900. Then last week april the car brokedown & wouldnt start at all. I had to get it towed to the garage we got it from and the repairs are going to cost £3000 the head gasket has gone and cylinder is cracked i cant spread the cost of the repair payments because i dont have good credit. Theres nobody i can lend the money from and i have been placed on furlough until june... what options do i have? I cant exit the agreement because they want 5k lump sum to exit it. i cant afford to repair the car and so im still going to be paying for a car i cant use! I have 4 children at home to provide for too. What can i do either way im screwed and liable for this car. Never been in a situation like this before.
    Tags: None

Try speaking to your finance company and advise them of the situation. Some of them will be willing to lend you extra money to cover the costs of repairs. End of the day, financed car belongs to them and it is in their interest to ensure that you keep the vehicle in roadworthy condition.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X