• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

G24 Contractual Parking Notice Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G24 Contractual Parking Notice Received

I have received a contractual parking notice from G24. I have not responded to it. I have been told by a friend that I should just ignore it and throw the letters in the bin, because they are just worthless pieces of paper. Is this good advice? Or should I respond to the notice (without providing any information as to who was driving the car) and ask them to provide photographic proof of who was driving the car because without it how do they know who was driving the car? Just because it's registered to a particular person doesn't mean they were the driver, isn't the onus on them to provide that proof? I would appreciate any feedback from people who know better than me? But in the meantime I will do absolutely nothing at all
    Tags: None

Hi*

If you received a contractual parking notice from G24 this would mean it is a private company and therefore a private parking fine, not an official one. The company will continue to send you requests and you could in theory just ignore these. They are not enforceable like a council parking ticket. The parking company will have no powers to force you to pay.

However, there is always the possibility the company could take you to small claims court for the fine, in which case, the court could enforce the fine due to breach of contract with the parking operator (When you park in a private car park you enter into a contract with the parking company, the terms of the contract are the signs in the car park if they clearly display rules regarding the car park).

So really, it is up to you whether you want to run the risk of ignoring the ticket. Not many people get taken to small claims court over private parking tickets as usually it is a small amount owed. However, by ignoring the tickets you are still running a risk.*

As another option you could consider appealing the ticket, if you think you have grounds for this, e.g the signs in the car park were unclear. There is more info about appealing a parking ticket here*https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/la...arking-ticket/

Hope this helps
    I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.

Comment

Ignore has not been good advice since the introduction of POFA in 2012.

The information on the citizens advice site is, I believe, written by the BPA so you know who's side it is biased towards.

Post up the redacted PCN but leave dates. Use a hosting site such as imgur and post a link on here. Signs may help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X