• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GDPR breach UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDPR breach UK

Hi I was in the process of buying a business and a electricity company has called my private number( not sure how they got it) and mis-sold me a contract that I’m now stuck for 5 years. Is there any changes I could claim for my gdpr data breach by this company?*
    Tags: None

Is it BES?

Comment

Yes it is BES

Comment

This is a company that has form for lying, doctoring recorded phone calls etc. You have not said how they mis-sold you or was it through an energy broker such as Love Energy..

Comment

Not sure whether it was a BES calling or their agent. I have requested a recording from the phone call that will take 30 days to receive. I was charged money without being given an invoice and also my welcome pack didn’t arrive until 4 months later with the term and conditions because they got the email wrong. I know there is not much I can do until I get the recording but I’m just curious whether I could get them with the GDPR breach by calling my private number and not the business. I wasn’t registered with the TPS when they called.*

Comment

I know of one or two others who have been "caught" by this lot but have been made to wit until their "agreed" term is up. Only other suggestion is to sell or transfer the business to another family member, preferably with a different surname but they may insist on seeing a copy of any agreement. Best thing for the phone for any business is to:
            1 - make sure you have CallerID
            2 - set ans machine to answer all calls and filter as you go
            3 - get a TrueCall
            4 - a Callblocker

Just don't answer any call where you don't recognise the number. There are loads going round for electric, gas, telephone, rates, PAT testing etc etc. May go against the grain a little but if I answer one of these by mistake I invariably tell them to Off which results in one of two things - either all their mates ring to give you abuse or you never hear from them again.

Sorry can't help about the GDPR breach.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X