• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Extortion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extortion

JBW sent a 'bailiff' to my home, he woke my family at 6.30 am, I was currently off sick with severe asthma.* I had a parking ticket from TFL for a 2 minute offence. Apparently, I lost the appeal against this & things were passed to JBW whilst I was waiting to hear about the appeal. I contacted JBW to seek time to pay £215 & was told I needed to provide bank statements for the previous 3 months. I wasn't too pleased to be asked to send documents with full bank details either by post or email. I have been the victim of ID theft twice & this has made me very cautious.* I paid an initial £50 as it was all I could afford. I'm sure the lady on the phone said I had 21 days to provide the bank details, but said bailiff was at my door 15 days after my conversation with their office. He made it clear that I had to pay £463 immediately to stop removal of my car or goods. My car is still on finance & value of around £9500. I proceeded to have a severe asthma attack & my wife came down. He decided to withdraw after taking a £50 payment & asking me to call him later that day.*I have agreed to pay £100/ month, but just read in another case on here that the maximum fees that can be applied are £11.20 + 28%....... this doesn't equate to the £253 that I am being asked to pay. Can anyone offer advice about it please. I have made 3 payments this far.
    Terry C
    Tags: None

£253 is the charge for the visit.* Fixed charge set in the regulations

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X