• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from retail loss prevention from Curry's pc world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from retail loss prevention from Curry's pc world

Hi,
    First of all apologies if this is not The correct place to post this ,a Google search led me here.
    My issue is a curious one and I'm frankly utterly confused.
    *To cut a long story short* I purchased a external hard drive online* it was free delivery , said 3 to 5 days delivery having purchased from them before usually delivery takes around 2 days only , this time after waiting for over a week* nothing arrived* I know they use tracked delivery without a tracking number if I'm correct* think the sender can check it from their end so I called them up and they were very helpful and said they can't get any information and if I wanted a replacement? As I didn't want to wait any longer I made a special trip to store* and purchased one, duly the online order was refunded in time.
    Next thing I know I get a form to fill out from Curry's retail loss prevention* asking all sorts of questions ( I:e : did I receive the original?* Have I waited 30 days etc ..etc..) and it needed my name and signature I thought this may be for them to recover their loss from royal mail* having nothing to hide I signed and sent it off , but now I think about it and having googled thus subject and seeing the results this retail loss prevention seems scary stuff have I done the right thing by signing and posting this ?*
    *I know I said I'll keep it short but apologies for the short story.*
    Any advice welcome.
    TIA Dhan
    Tags: None

Probably no problems for you.
    RLP (besides persecuting shoppers!) also assist retailers in reducing losses from other sources e.g staff pilfering aka wastage.
    They are probably checking to see if they can discover where in the chain of distribution* that drive went astray.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X