• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Probate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate

My Father passed away leaving a Will with a local solicitor but my sibling who is the executor refuses to let the other four siblings view his will. We understand my father had a considerable sum of money in bank accounts and cash which has mysteriously disappeared. Can I legally request a copy of my fathers estate accounts*
    Tags: None

Until probate is granted the will is a private document and you have no legal right to see it.
    After probate it becomes public and you can obtain a copy herehttps://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

You say money has gone missing (from bank?) and cash has disappeared.
    How do you know that? Have you had access to his bank accounts?

The executor is duty bound to preserve the estate assets so it could be he has collected these assets and placed them in an executor's account.

There is no right for residuary beneficiaries to see accounts until the estate has been settled, although it is good practice to keep beneficiaries informed.

Comment

A five figure sum was transferred into another siblings account to keep safe. Before our father passed this money was then transferred back into our fathers account, this is how we no it’s disappeared. Obviously the large amount of cash is untraceable. Additionally a very considerable sum of money overseas was to be divided between all his siblings, but the executor has decided this isn’t going to happen and kept everything for themselves*

Comment

Yes we know how to trace a Will through the government website. For whatever reason the estate didn’t go to probate so our fathers Will is not a public document.*

Comment

How long ago did your father pass?

Basically, as your sibling has intermeddled in the estate you need to write to him requesting that he apply for a grant of probate.
          If he refuses to apply for the Grant, the next of kin can apply for a court order which directs him to take probate within a specified timeframe or, alternatively, that they, as next of kin (or another specified person), can be issued with the Grant

Comment

10+ years. * *What happens if the estate didn’t require probate or it has been deliberately avoided. We know the location of the Will but don’t have access. The lies and deceitfulness of the executor goes beyond anyone’s comprehension*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X