• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VWFS VT Complete - Excess Mileage Charge Outstanding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VWFS VT Complete - Excess Mileage Charge Outstanding

Hi everyone

Firstly thank you for all the posters who share such invaluable information and guidance.

A little back ground.* Thanks to loosing my job (unlawfully and currently a legal case ongoing) I had to VT my much loved Audi SQ5 6 months earlier than contracted.* Car was in the words of the BCA man, A1 condition and he stated that he had never collected a car with the level of mileage in such condition.

The mileage was 80,503.
    The agreed mileage on the car was 15,000 a year on a 4 year contract.* So total mileage should have been 60,000 in June at the end of contract.

My question is, the charge for Excess mileage of £3838.06 is now being chased and I do not have the funds to pay this charge.* Ive read as much as I can on this forum on excess milage charges not being legally binding but Im more confused than ever if this applies to me.

Ive cleared all outstanding other than the mileage and VWFS have offered me a payment plan.* Ive said I do not know what to do and I'll think about it (which is code for speaking to you all).

Hope you can advise best plan of action - trying to get myself back on my feet after the toughest twelve months of my life.* And I will.

Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Make a formal complaint, expect VWFS to reject it and then follow it up with a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman who are looking at excess mileage charges as a whole. That will put everything on hold for a while and VWFS shouldn't do anything more until that complaint has been dealt with. This is in accordance with their FCA obligations and, if they do so, then you can take action against them for breach.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi everyone,* I have today received in the post a debt collection recovery letter representing VWFS for the excess milage charge.* They are advising me to speak directly to VWFS which I have done, but who didnt really help me when I did.* * If Im to raise a complaint, and this might be a silly question so bear with me, what do I say my complaint actually is - the fact they are charging me for excess mileage or something else??**

Really appreciate your help and advice - as I have absolutely no way of paying this back and I also terminatd the car due to loss of job.* Now with CV19 all over us things are even more difficult.

Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X