• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting car after 6 months bought of finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting car after 6 months bought of finance

Hello all, I have bought brand new Jaguar E-pace in March 2019 using Jaguar Finance a pcp deal. It was all ok for first 6 months, but from August 2019 until now this car has been recovered from side of the road 5 times with major issues, not related to each other - engine transmission, turbo issues, leaks, smokes and etc. After last recovery I had enough in started process of rejection this vehicle to Jaguar finance. After 2 months of reviewing my case they finally came with the offer to replace it or return my £2000 deposit back with 8% interest on it + 800 compensation for lost working hours and inconvenience. I have opted to reject it and take my money back. Since I have a couple *questions: 1. Am I entitled to more compensation or partial refund of money I already paid during months I had it? 2. Once I get deposit back and agreement is settled with Jaguar finance - will it be any implication to get a new car finance deals? How quickly information of settle will go into my credit file? Will it looks like I car has been repossessed rather than rejected due to quality on my credit file? I am looking to get Mercedes GLC as soon as finance with jaguar is closed but worrying if I get finance rejected because Jaguar finance won’t be updated in time in my credit file. Thank you very much in advance for any advise on this*
    Tags: None

Hi

After 2 months of reviewing my case they finally came with the offer to replace it or return my £2000 deposit back with 8% interest on it + 800 compensation for lost working hours and inconvenience. I have opted to reject it and take my money back.
    That's your settlement that you agreed to, if you wanted more compensation then you should have said to Jaguar. Credit files are usually updated monthly so you might not see the change until the end of the month.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X