• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a PCN from CPM - do I need to pay ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a PCN from CPM - do I need to pay ?

My friend lives on a street that seems like any normal street and I have parked there twice or three times a week for the last year, all of a sudden I get a letter through the post with a Parking charge notice. Is it legitimate ? Do I have to pay ? incident occurred on 25/02/20 and letter issued 03/03/20 and I received 06/06/20
    Tags: None

Have signs appeared? Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use " the driver.........." etc

Post up the PCN, suitably redacted

Check the status of the road, ie has it been adopted

Comment

I am the "guest" who posted the above thread. I will visit the place where the incident took place and look for the signs and if they are new. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **

Meanwhile the letter reads as follows
      We have issued the PCN ******* to your vehicle because it was parked in a manner whereby the driver became liable for a parking charge at ******* that we are authorised to manage on the 25th February 2020 at 08.56. The terms and conditions of parking on this private land are clearly set out on the signage installed within the restricted area. By parking within this restricted area you are bound to these terms and conditions and liable to pay a charge if you breach these terms and conditions. The period of parking to which this notice relates is the period that immediately preceded the incident date and time above.*
      The letter then goes on about discounted charge for early payment, requesting my details from DVLA and if I wasn't the driver to let them know who was else I am liable for the charge etc...

I will go and look at signing today, I was parked there from 8.45 - 9.45 on the morning in question.
      Thanks in advance for any help

Comment

No, ALL of the letter, which is why the post of a redacted copy was requested.

And remember the request not to infer the identity of the driver.* Please read post #3, last paragraph.

Comment

Sorry.
          We have issued the PCN ******* to your vehicle because it was parked in a manner whereby the driver became liable for a parking charge at ******* that we are authorised to manage on the 25th February 2020 at 08.56. The terms and conditions of parking on this private land are clearly set out on the signage installed within the restricted area. By parking within this restricted area you are bound to these terms and conditions and liable to pay a charge if you breach these terms and conditions. The period of parking to which this notice relates is the period that immediately preceded the incident date and time above.
          A discounted charge of £60.00 applies if this parking charge notice is paid within 14 days of issue. If you chose to not pay at this amount, the full value £100 will be due.
          We have requested your details from DVLA as the registered keeper of the vehicle (through the reasonable cause criteria of pursuing an outstanding parking charge). The reason we issued the PCN to the vehicle is as follows: No Parking on access roads/roadways.

We the Creditor, *now request this amount is paid using one of the payment methods described overleaf. If you were not the driver of the vehicle, you should notify us (see reverse for details) of the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and pass this notice on to the driver.

You are advised that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which this notice is given - the amount of the unpaid parking charge specified in this notice has not been paid in full, and we do not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, under Paragraph 9(2)(f) of schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 we will have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that parking charge amount as remains unpaid. This notice is deemed to have been given to you on the second working day. after the date of sending above.

PS I have noticed that the letter has been addressed to Mr "my wifes name" rather than Mrs and I was actually the person driving, not that this is a big mistake.

TIA

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X