• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW legal county court claim received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW legal county court claim received

Hi. In Aug 2019, I parked up in car park at 11.03am to attend to my sick dog. I paid for my parking at 11.25am for full hour and left at 11.29am. Because I did not pay within first 10 mins, and paid 23 minutes after entering they fined me. I have disputed this mainly on basis that there was no signage to state this 10 mins on entering the premises. I fulfilled contract as I paid for a full hour- just 23 minutes after entering. I have replied to all letters and calls. I now have court summons. I feel loathed to pay as I believe I fulfilled the contract parking on site. Joe blogs should not be expected to know their rules?! Do I pay? Thanks
    Tags: None

If it's not on the signs then you can not be expected to know.

Post up photos of the signs and the PCN you received, suitably redacted.

Have you acknowledged the claim using the details and password on the claim form. Nothing in the defence. Do this 5 days after the date of issue. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

Comment

Hi -thanks for the reply. So this was the second letter I received after I contested that I had actually paid.* The second letter acknowledged I had paid, albeit it according to their own rules (not published on site) - after the time they allowed.* However, their own board states that FULL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE BEFORE LEAVING THE SITE.* This I did. They did not lose any revenue for the 26 minutes I was on site (delay was due to my sick dog) - in fact I paid for a full hour - which they have acknowledged.* I feel that this is a total scam and trying to bully & pray on vulnerable people. No common sense has been applied.* I have had several calls with BW Legal to keep them informed - and in fact, I put a complaint in regarding one of their staff due to the nasty & bully way they felt they could deal with me.
      I will complete the Acknowledgement of service, as I feel I should contest this as they did not lose any revenue with me parking on site.* Any further advice gratefully received.* Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X