• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recover payment to enforcement agency?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recover payment to enforcement agency?

Hi,
    I received letters from Swift in December requesting payment of £667. I had no idea what this was in relation to so contacted them immediately to obtain information about the charge and who it came from. I chased them continuously throughout December and they finally responded on the 8th January saying it was for failing to provide identification of the driver of my vehicle. I responded to say I had not received anything and again asked where this had come from, the police, DVLA etc as it may be the case of mistaken identity. Again thy didn’t respond and an enforcement agent posted a note through my door saying he would return at 6am the following morning to retrieve this money.
    I contacted him and he finally told me this was in relation to a parking fine and I again reiterated that I had no previous knowledge of this and therefore hadn’t been given the right to respond. He said that wasn’t anything to do with him and he would force entry into my property to obtain the money. I felt under duress as I have young children so paid it.
    I then contacted the magistrates court and went today to sign a statutory declaration. The prosecution showed me the letters issued and I was able to ascertain that the letters were sent to my old address. As a result the court waived their £357 fee and said I would need to contact the enforcement agency for a refund
    Tags: None

Sorry I posted without finishing. Is there a specific template I could use to request a refund given that the court accepted the statutory declaration and waived their initial costs?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X