• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excess Mileage Costs Passed Onto Link Debt Collection Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess Mileage Costs Passed Onto Link Debt Collection Company

Hello i have recently voluntary terminated my contract with Ford in December and did so by following the correct procedure by doing it in writing etc. I gave them the car back in good condition as it states should happen in my contract.

As expected Ford have asked for an excess mileage charge and a pro rata payment for the days I had the vehicle until they picked it up.

I sent them the excess mileage letter you have kindly drafted on here and my case got passed to the complaints team at Ford where no one contacted me and has now been passed onto Link a debt collection company. They have tried calling me twice but I wanted some advice before I speak to them.

I feel from the research I have done on the internet, and the cases I have read about on your site that I shouldn't pay them anything because it is my understanding that if I VT my contract, any payments extra that the company want are void and are against what section 99 of the consumer credit act 1974 stands for.

Is there anything you can send me to squash this or do I just stand my ground respectfully?

Thanks in advance,

Alasdair
    Tags: None

Either pay up or don't pay up and see what Ford do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X