• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent advice over violent ex wanting access to my child

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice over violent ex wanting access to my child

What chance does my ex partner have at getting any access to my child? We were together 3 years, he was very abusive verbally and physically towards me and it came to an end when he attacked me holding my child and again in front of my child. A court case is upcoming for the assault by beating charge. He’s an alcoholic and a drug user and associates himself with the same people. He is now in a relationship with someone that has too been convicted of domestic violence and has had her kids taken out of her custody. He never supported me during the pregnancy, told me to abort the baby and threatened to kick my head in when I was 6 months pregnant. He has time again said my child does not need a father, and he is very mentally unstable. He has sent me pictures cutting himself and regularly threatens to kill him self, once the police was called because of his threats of suicide. I have text messages from his mum saying if he ever has access to my child it needs to be supervised. The assault was 4 months ago and I offered him supervised then if he proved he would get help for alcohol, drug and mental issues. And he refused. But now I have received a letter from his mum saying unless I agree to him seeing my daughter twice a week unsupervised and for it to be built up slowly they are taking me to court. His name is on the birth certificate but ideally I want him to have zero contact with my child as I truly believe even supervised he is a danger to her if not physically then mentally. Do you have any advice on what he would be entitled to? thanks*
    Tags: None

Get Socual services involved

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X