• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

motor loan plus agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor loan plus agreement

hi ,i need help , i was under the impression when i got the car from Arnold clark* fiat that i was on a pcp agreement , i wanted to hand the car back after completing 50%of the payment , but it transpires that im on a motor loan plus agreement , this is the reply i had off fca automotive*You have a Motor Loan Plus agreement which is like a personal/bank loan and not a PCP.
    We do not hold a financial interest in the vehicle, you are the legal owner of the car from the point of sale. The finance is secured against yourself rather than the vehicle. On these types of agreements you do not have the option to Voluntary Terminate and return the car to us after paying 50% of the finance like you would on other types of agreements.
    What you can do is, sell the vehicle and clear the finance or part exchange, but, handing it back to ourselves is not an option throughout the term of the finance.
    At the end of the agreement, you may have the option to hand the vehicle back but it is discretional and the decision is made by the End of Contracts Manager. They will review the mileage and condition of the vehicle and make the decision based on this.
    * please help if you can , thanks derek dewhurst* *email degsy42@hotmail.co.uk
    Tags: None

Could be a misrepresentation if you were given documents that it was going to be PCP agreement and weren't told that it no longer is. I'm sure there is a Financial Ombudsman decision about this, possibly with Barclays or Black Horse and the Ombudsman decided in favour of the debtor.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi mate I have exactly the same problem how did you get on with yours? Mine was with Stoneacre

Comment

Hi BANZAI BILLY

I would start your own thread in the correct section of the site.

Just some general info in the meantime - https://www.financial-ombudsman.org....DRN0499429.pdf

Comment

⬆️ Spammer - ignore

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X