• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legal Fees re Service Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ula, hope you're having a lovely weekend... and the rain has stopped.
    I finally got a copy of the charges from the lawyer last week and I've attached a word doc below.* Im not familiar with this but one thing stood out: time recorded and time billed seems odd, as last time billed was June 2019 yet theres loads of time recorded since then.
    The descriptions seem very vague at best.*
    Also, when I initially queried the service charges last year and asked for copies of the service charge demands, the copies they provided were dated 2019, so were obviously printouts rather copies of the originals they claim to have sent.* Is this ok?
    Tks.
    ADD
    Time recorded - redacted.doc

Comment

I have scanned through the time recording schedule and of the time recorded I cannot see anything that jumps out at me as strange or overcharging in terms of units of time for certain activities. There are a couple of vague narratives but the rest are familiar short descriptions of the activity undertaken for the time recorded.

Was there a previous bill covering the period 13 March - 30 May 2019? If so was this paid? Are they due to present a bill for the period from 14 June 2019 to 19 February 2020?

What period did the service charge cover that you were querying? When you say the copies were date 2019 what do you mean. Had they printed off a scanned copy of the original and the date on the document was the date it has been printed off?

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
        I have scanned through the time recording schedule and of the time recorded I cannot see anything that jumps out at me as strange or overcharging in terms of units of time for certain activities.*
        OK, tks for taking a look over them for me.

Originally posted by Ula View Post
        What period did the service charge cover that you were querying? When you say the copies were date 2019 what do you mean. Had they printed off a scanned copy of the original and the date on the document was the date it has been printed off?
        Our RTM Co started in August 2013 and the service charges were excess s/c for 2011/2012 and on account s/c for first half of 2013.* I've never received this demand until the solicitor sent me copies: these arent contemporaneous, they're a re-print dated (in the body of the demand) May 2019.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X