• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Britannia Parking Charge Notice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britannia Parking Charge Notice.

Need some help please. Recd a Parking Charge Notice , from Britannia , for overstaying in a Waitrose Carpark , by 30 minutes. (BTW ..the car was displaying a Blue Badge) , but the ticket was issued by a ANP reader........Just recd the notice , not dated , but is 17 days after the event. Stupidly I have thrown away the envelope. The letter is not dated.I understand ? That in any event 14 days is the Maxium time limit. Would I be correct?.Can I have some advise please., and help in fighting this.
    Tags: None

So with no windscreen ticket then:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

First class post with a free certificate of posting from a post office

Post up the redacted NTK, leaving dates,* so that other failures can be found for POPLA

Comment

Thank you for your quick response. Not understanding the meaning of NTK, and *the A asterisk ?.
      Question, if these people always send these letters in registered , how can they possibly argue the fact of delivery , and times.*
      kind Regards*

Comment

Sorry, just realised what NTK is. ...you say post up? Where.

Comment

The spurious characters are a fault on the site*

Either add a scan or photo directly to this site or (recommended) post up to a hosting site such as imgur and put a link on this site.

They don't send registered, they usually don't even send first class.

Comment

Really sorry , but this is going way over my head?

Comment

Sorry I did a typo. It should have read UNREGISTERED. *Still not understanding about posting? Can you assist please.

Comment

Expand the input window by clicking on the little gear wheel.* There is an icon of a picture so click on that then on the upload tab and point it at the picture you want to show us.

Comment

I thank you sincerely. i guess I,m just a grey surfer, with limited knowledge, and therefore struggling with this site. All *i *want to do is send a successful letter to Britannia.If what you first posted for me is good enough to win, (or get *a Popla), then son be it. Feeling rather stupid, that i can't progres
                  Thanks again..

Comment

I find grandchildren can be a great help at times like this !

Send that letter off, it will not stop them but POPLA should do it but do need to see if there are additional points.

Compare your NTK with what is required by POFA,*http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted, especially paragraph 9

Has the driver complained to Waitrose, and mentioned the BB ?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                      I find grandchildren can be a great help at times like this !

Send that letter off, it will not stop them but POPLA should do it but do need to see if there are additional points.

Compare your NTK with what is required by POFA,http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted, especially paragraph 9

Has the driver complained to Waitrose, and mentioned the BB ?
                      Many Thanks ,once again.Alas i have no Grandchildren to assist, or even a teenager to assist.My Partners sister works in Waitrose, (she was the reason for the late departure).i asked her to speak with the Manager,he,s not interested..So its left to me, to try &resolve. *Have to be Honest now, Imbula leaning towards paying the £50.I,m concerned that if it reaches the Popla stages i will be hit with the£100.??

Comment

Just realised as I was typing , there is a date !!! . Date of contravention, and Date of this Notice. Date of notice being within the 14 days. Do I wait ....until 14 days has passed, and chance my Arm, or is there another suitable letter to send , for cases like mine. Once again I greatfully thank you in advance for any help & Guidance.

Comment

The 14 days is the number of days between the incident and the receipt of the notice.* It is assumed that delivery is 2 working days after the issue date unless shown to the contrary.

Have you checked the notice with the requirements if POFA as suggested in pist #10?

Comment

Hi, well if its 14 days from the date of contravention, then it is certainly longer than 14days. if from the date of notice then no.. I have read through the enclosure you kindly sent me. A bit highbrow for me, but it appears that they have acted *duly with their signage.

Comment

So send of that appeal

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X