• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal / napier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bw legal / napier

Hi**

I have received a county court letter from BW LEGAL / Napier.*

Just abit of background knowledge about this case. In beaufort park which is where I live, tennents were entitled to 2 permits per household but as years went on they changed it to 1 permit per household.*

Unfortunately this affected me alot as me and my partner both needed our own vehicles for work etc. We decided that I would stick on temporary permits and sometimes parking on the main road which is a fair distance away. Temporary permits were 10 permits for £20, that would cost at least roughly £80 a month which is just ridiculous.. all for parking your vehicle outside your flat.*

There has been a few times in the past where I received parking tickets and paid initially just for peace of mind, but eventually I got sick and tired of paying tickets that I thought I shouldnt be and of course it's a waste of money.*

Today, i received a county court letter which seems to be for 1 ticket only in feb 2019. I'm not sure why it's only for one ticket and to be honest my worry is if I pay this one it may set me up for failure as I feel all past tickets may come back to me in the same format.

I would appreciate if I get some guidance as to how i should tackle this and avoid paying the total amount asked. I dont have the original copy of the ticket so I am unsure wether there is photo proof or not or have any details of this current day.**

Many thanks
    Tags: None

So what does your lease say about parking?* Does it require the display of a permit?* Who issues the permits?

What do the signs say?

Comment

Hi Sorry for the delay.* All permits can be purchased in a management office which is based in the complex we live in. Once you pay, they will register your number plate on their system for a year. They dont offer displayed permits.*

Not sure what you meant by what mt lease says? However i think you mean what is the agreement with the landlord. Unfortunatelt the landlord has no control for the parking any is parking is controlled by the management office.

I have attached the sign which is displayed in the area. Thanks again.*
      Attached Files

Comment

The landlord bought the flat and will have some rights, indeed he may actually have a right to park without a permit. Get in touch with your landlord. The management company should be acting for the benefit of the owners and not the parking company.* Reducing the permits per flat is not good.* They should not be reducing what has already been given

You gave a lease to rent the property. What does that say?

Could you repost the sign with a* it more detail, I can't read it.* Odd that it seems to be for a pay and display car park.

Comment

The lease just mentioned 1 parking space available. When we moved in we was able to get 2 spaces as other flats were still being built and there was alot of space for parking at the time. Eventually more flats were built meaning more tennents and less spaces. We received a letter before the changes took place and* whenever i visited the managment office they would just say there are no spaces but it was okay for me to purchase a temporary permit and park my car all week*♂️. The pay and display is for visitors seeing friends that live there but there is also a few shops nearby and a gym.

Sorry for the bad photo i will make sure its clear during the day tomorrow. Many thanks for helping so far

Comment

Hi Ostell*

I have attached the sign below*
            Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X