• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil recovery concerns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a dreamt up reason to put pressure on their victims

Comment

OK thank you so much for all of this, I definitely don't feel like my life is over before its even started anymore, still worried though, but grateful this happened now and not in the future when it could have been worse

Comment

Will this be sent to previous employers. I never did anything bad at a workplace but what if they think I did and don't want to reference me.
        Last edited by Person3117; 14th March 2020, 13:25:PM. Reason: just for anonymity

Comment

No one is going to inform any authorities about this incident, not will it be shared with any other companies.
          Most unlikely that this will be cross referenced to their employer's records, so wouldn't worry about that.
          They will not scrutinise past CCTV recordings as will cost them too much for no return, and possibly the recordings have been wiped by now.

Look, you are 17 and about to go to uni.
          Put this incident behind you, ignore RLP, forget it and get on with your studies and life

Comment

I am really trying to and I know you're most likely correct, but I just don't understand how kids younger than me have the police called on them and get records but I seemingly will be okay. It feels like I'm waiting for a bomb to explode, or to be affected by this somehow. Maybe the effect is just all this stress, and I really hope so. I am trying to focus on studying but it's in the back of my mind constantly, I'm thinking about how I could have avoided this, or the copious number of people I know who could have been in this situation but aren't, or if I can stop it from happening.

It's just the fact now there is something bad about me in the world that is unlikely, but still a possibility, of being used against me in some way. Obviously, it's my fault so crying about it is redundant.

Anyway, ill do my best to stop popping up on this thread now, you're probably sick of repeating yourself. I do really appreciate the time you all invest in giving advice though.

Comment

We don't get sick and tired of reassuring people.
              We know how stressful this sort of incident can be, and we know how civil recovery firms play on people's fears

You are young, and made a mistake for whatever reason.
              A mistake should not ruin your life
              No, we don't condone theft but nor do we judge people.

When children (and you are now a young adult) are involved in similar situations the police are often involved so they can go round and speak to the parents to ensure the children aren't being manipulated by adults. It is to check on their safety and well being.

Comment

Oh that makes sense.
                Thank you for being so understanding. I'm thankful my friends and I can get information in a safe space.
                *I'm going to take this experience as the reality check I needed to self actualise and hold myself accountable because I never want to feel this bad again. I'm waffling but thanks again

Comment

HI, I know I said I wouldn't be back but my friends and I received the letters and I was wondering if I should do a subject access request? I would like to know what my details are being used for and who they are being shared with.

I am in fact freaking out again though, as I just read about someone on here being offered a job and being told they would have a standard record check and an enhanced civil recovery check(with Circo)! Is this normal for all jobs?? If I get an apprenticeship or a job in the next 6 years will this be checked all the time; I'm worried now that this will infact affect me in the future.

Are they bluffing about keeping data, because I also read on here that its only 12 months for the company and a further 12 for the data handlers, but the letter says 6 years!

Are there any grounds for me to ask for the right to erasure? If i'm cooperative can't a settlement be reached where there is no liability or something (don't they say that in the sixth letter); my mum will make me pay no matter what so I can't avoid this, but is there a chance I can make it better for myself? Please help

Comment

Don't contact RLP at all.
                    They are only interested in taking your cash from you.
                    They cannot use your data except for contacting you, and what data do they hold other than name and address and age (which isn't difficult to discover)
                    Their attempts to negotiate are pathetic... if they had the right to pick your pocket why would they attempt to negotiate by saying if you give us a lesser amount we won't do XYZ?
                    They say anything to get money, any money from you.

Regarding future employment concerns, forget it.
                    RLP threaten they MAY pass info to closed groups which MAY .....
                    The important words are "may".... they won't because of data protection laws.
                    They are past masters in the art of*thinly veiled threats

Comment

I completely understand and agree but my mother insists I all my savings to pay the sum. However, I am responsible for myself financially and not allowed a job as to focus on my exams, so until July I'll have no money for necessities. That's why I need to know if I should ask for less. I know the advice is always to ignore but there's no other option for me.

They don't have any of my information other than that and maybe my email as an alternative contact method.*I realise if that's all they have on me plus 'additional third party' information provided about me (I still don't understand what that is), then I shouldn't be worried about them as a company.

I know you say forget the employment thing but aren't Cireco and rlp connected, so if jobs did do the cireco led enhanced civil recovery check, I would come up as technically my data isnt being shared if its the same umbrella company thing.

Is*that something that would be done only for jobs in retail, supermarkets and other similar establishments? That's not the field I'm trying to enter so if thats the case I can stop thinking about this. But does anyone know if other professional companies like big brand ones we all know, do these checks because then my apprenticeship applications will be compromised.

Sorry if my words arent coherent right now.

Comment

Also as a 'full and final' settlement, they cant contact me again right? Unless I do anything.

Again really sorry I keep asking questions

Comment

As you are concerned about Cireco have you read this thread:*https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...cireco-and-rlp
                          You'll note very few firms sign up, and there are questions over their status.
                          If you should make an application for employment to a firm that signs up for Cireco, there is effectively little you can do but wait and see what the response is.
                          And there are always other employers... don't focus on this too much

If you pay them, you won't hear from them again.
                          If you are responsible for yourself financially, but aren't allowed to obtain employment, I wonder how your mother can insist.
                          But anyway if you do not think you can go against your mother's wishes, I would suggest at least try to postpone any payment until you receive their offer of a reduced settlement figure.
                          Of course, by then you have nearly reached the end of the threats!

Comment

Or point your mother at this forum and all the other entries for RLP

Comment

Ok thank you once again for helping me.
                              Maybe it is just firms in retail and selling that sign up to them, I don't know; it wouldn't make sense for other businesses to worry about things like this, but then again I feel like nowadays employers want 'perfect' people.

I don't know I'll try not to think about this anymore; my constantly red eyes are starting to scare people haha. As you say, I have to move on with my life

Comment

Sorry to be back, but my friends and I were planning on doing a SAR to ACRO for our PNC records.

Despite it being unlikely, if our information was given to the police, would it be suspicious to ask for this? As in, would it spur them on thinking we have something to hide (I know I don't), or could it initiate an investigation if I have nothing on it and they wondered why I asked?*

Also, would the information even be on record yet if it was recorded or should we wait a while?
                                Last edited by Person3117; 14th March 2020, 13:28:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X