• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rlp help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rlp help

Hello, yesterday me and my friend got caught stealing in primark by two security guards that led us to the back room. They told us to write our names, home address and a number of a parent. They also handed us a rlp sheet and said we will be fined. Iam 17 and i doubt that i can pay this fine as my mum doesn’t know about this situation and im dont intend on telling her, ive seen many people saying to ignore rlp and not pay but I desperately dont want to do anything that will risk me getting a criminal record or my mum finding out. Please help
    Tags: None

You will not get a criminal record as the police were not involved.* RLP cannot fine anyone, only a court can do that.* *The last time RLP tried court they went away thoroughly spanked by the judge

Comment

If you don't intend telling your mother, do be aware that you will be receiving about 5 letters from RLP, each one sounding threatening.
      Whilst you can safely ignore them, it will be stressful and I would recommend you confide in your mother.
      Yes, she will be upset, and might shout a bit, but in the end she will realise it is not the crime of the century and support you.

It is also possible that RLP will write to your mother. They shouldn't, but sometimes they pretend they are concerned for the young person's welfare and so write to the parents.
      Also your friend will be getting letters from RLP. Are you confident she won't tell her parents, who might contact your mother?

It would be better for your mother to hear from you, rather than from an RLP letter or your friend's mother.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X