• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Application to set aside a CCJ applicant claims large sum of cash paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application to set aside a CCJ applicant claims large sum of cash paid

Hi I don't know if anyone can help.* I undertook some work for a self employed builder in 2017 and he failed to pay me.* I took h9m to court and attained a CCJ against him.* He then agreed a payment plan after the first bailiff visit and stuck to this at £300 per month for 7 months (albeit always late with payments).* He then stopped paying.* I then applied for another warrant for the full remaining amount of just under £3000.* He contested the amount owed so I sent a statement of account to the court.* I know the bailiff has been actively chasing him but now I have received a court application to set aside the debt raised by the builder.* His evidence is bank statements with the instalment amounts and a cash withdrawal of £2000 back in 2018.* Of course I have never received cash from him altho0ugh I suspect this is what he is suggesting.* Can I defend the CCJ and warrant as he has no receipt etc for the cash from me?
    Thanks for any advice offered in advance as I am finding this really stressful.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X