• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not sure what steps to take defending claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what steps to take defending claim

Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction in regards to defending a claim against me for bank account overdraft that has been bought by Arrow Global Limited. I'll fill you in on the steps that I've currently taken myself and provide a timeline which has resulted in the claim.

Back in April of last year I received a letter from Arrow Global Limited advising me that they had purchased the debt from HSBC and stated that they had not attempted to contact me regarding the balance owed,(from what I can remember anyway) and to arrange payment to them.

I then issued a letter denying all acknowledgement of the mentioned debt and believed it was in-fact 'Statute Barred'.

August of last year I received a reply confirming the debt was not in fact 'Statute Barred' until the October along with the relevant documentation confirming their stance. I disputed this as felt this was not correct.

Fast forward to last week, I received a claim form in the post from Drysdensfairfax Solicitors advising me of the claim registered at Northampton Court with the issue date of 21/01/2020 and that I had 14 days to complete and send back. Last night I submitted the 'Acknowledgement of Service' and am now wondering where to go next. My defence is that the debt is now 'Statute Barred' even going by the dates advised by Arrow Global themselves. At no point throughout this process have I admitted/acknowledged the debt.

What are the necessary letters I need to be sending and what is the structure of my defence?

I really really appreciate any assistance provided on the back of this

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X