• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bus lane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus lane

Hello all x
    I have received three fines for driving down a road only for Buses.* I was completely unaware it was only for buses, I have emailed them explaining this.* I know they'll probably think Im lying!!* If I was aware would I have done it three times?!* Now this morning I had another fine, so four in total!!* There is no way I can afford to pay these!!* Anyone know what I should do next??* Its evident I didn't know it was only for buses.* I'm stressed.* To top it all off Saturday I got a parking ticket, I had to leave my car parked on double yellows as my bloody car ran out of petrol!!* Sorry Im so annoyed.....Im know I should've wrote a note & left it on dashboard for traffic warden explaining why Im parked illegally but I didnt think, I wanted to get petrol asap.* I hope someone can advise me what to do next.*
    Keep smiling x
    Tags: None

Can you tell us where the Bus Lane is?

Comment

From Beaconfields Road straight on to London Road.* Now I know its for buses only its so obvious.* If they see that someone is using the road regularly, like myself, rather than a fine a letter in the post would be an option stating that its a bus lane!!

Comment

In Brighton*

Comment

Unfortunately the system does not work like that, as the driver of a vehicle you are expected to observe & obey the signs in use. From what I see on Street View there are road markings on the road by the Joker Pub advising it is a Bus Lane & where you go across the junction there are also signs restricting access. I assume this must have been a CCTV capture - have they sent you a link to the footage. Otherwise you may need to revisit the area and see what signs there are.

You can try and argue to pay only for 1 ticket but think that will fall on deaf ears. If you have to pay then try to do so at the discounted rate & certainly do not let it go to enforcement stage as you could then be looking at a substantial sum & remember if that does happen they have your reg no making it easy for them to seek and remove the vehicle if need be.

Comment

Thank you for your reply . In total I now have 5 fines . Im at a loss as I said I have emailed the parking section of Brighton & Hove after I received 3 fines explaining I was unaware* (not sure it was a good idea after reading your reply) * note I did this before posting on here.* I can not afford to pay the fines at £30 each & Im damn sure they will take no notice of my email!* In their letters to me they have a photo of my car on the Bus lane....I have been back to the road & as you say there is markings on the road & signs etc...stupid me not to see nor take notice of them.* Whats my next step??* I hold my hands up & take full responsibility & will pay the fines but currently there is no way I could in full.* Shall I email them again??

Comment

Try talking to them first, whatever you do don't mention you were not aware or did not see the signs as this will get their backs up. The way the system works if you do not engage with them is that at different stages you lose the discounted price, then it starts to increase in stages and eventually will be sent to Court - a rubber stamping exercise - and then put out for enforcement. If it gets to this stage then it could be you are looking at £400+ for each ticket & the Bailiff will have the vehicle reg number and can easily clamp or remove the vehicle. Talk to them first.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X