• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement

Hi, my name is Brian.
    I recently received*2 letters from these scumbags at Civil Enforcement together*on the very same day which allege that I parked in the following area: unit 1-3, Hardwick Building, High Newham Road, Stockton On Tees, TS19 8JZ. The date of the alleged offence is: 16/01/2016 which is 4 years ago & this is the very first I have heard of this offence, I have*received no prior warning or correspondence whatsoever regarding this from anyone including the courts or Civil Enforcement themselves. They, Civil Enforcement, have informed myself that they have obtained a CCJ against me, the first letter in the amount of £265.31 & the 2nd letter stating the amount of £353.74., what can I do about this as after this amount of time surely it must be unjustifiable as there is no way that I can defend myself against this due to the time which has elapsed & I can not prove one way or another whether this did or did not occur, Civil Enforcement have not provided any photographic evidence to prove or disprove this allegation with any of these 2 letters.
    Tags: None

Check that the CCJs actually exist.

SAR to CEL to get all the details

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Check that the CCJs actually exist.

SAR to CEL to get all the details
      Hi there Ostell, sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I had forgotten that I was even registered on here as it has been such a long time that I have even required the services of this brilliant*site. Anyway,*how do I go about checking that the CCJ's actually exist & what is this SAR to CEL that you refer to in your reply to myself?

Thanks in advance,

Brian.

Comment

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Thank you for your help regarding this Ostell, its very much appreciated!

I also found out by phoning Northampton Courts that the ccj is genuine! Would you recommend that I settle this matter asap or contest it? I have until Friday, 7th February, 2020 to pay this off at their 'discounted' offer of £265!

By the way what effect would it or does it have,having a ccj against you as regards to work & or travel abroad, not that I am planning any trips abroad anytime soon, but for arguments sake to places like the US?

Kind Regards,

Brian.

Comment

CCJs can cause problems with jobs and credit.* If the CCJ is more than a month old then paying it off will not remove it, it will stay for 6 years.

If you have just found about this then you can attempt to get the judgement overturned but it costs.* £255 without consent or £100with the claimants consent.* It then gets reset and you have a chance to defend.* If you lose there will be no CCJ recorded against you if you pay within a month

Others with more knowledge on this will hopefully come*

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              CCJs can cause problems with jobs and credit. If the CCJ is more than a month old then paying it off will not remove it, it will stay for 6 years.

If you have just found about this then you can attempt to get the judgement overturned but it costs. £255 without consent or £100with the claimants consent. It then gets reset and you have a chance to defend. If you lose there will be no CCJ recorded against you if you pay within a month

Others with more knowledge on this will hopefully come
              Again, thank you Ostell!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X